1) For a study already approved by the IRB, submit an expedited amendment to WSU IRB along with Appendix B (Internet use).
For this amendment:
Question 18, The Advertisement box should be checked. The location of the advertisement should say “DCaTS website will include this study. Appendix B for Internet Use has been revised to include this”.
For Appendix B: Internet Use in Research:
- Question 1, Check DCaTS – Health Research Volunteer Website
- Question 1a). YES
- Question 2: N/A
- Question 3: NO
- Question 4: N/A
- Question 5: Other: information posted on the volunteer registry
- Question 6: On a secure server should be checked
- Question 7: DCaTS coordinators and investigators
- Questions 8 & 9: N/A
2) For a new study, add the DCaTS website to the Protocol Summary Form:
Question 36: Internet and Advertisement should be checked. For Advertisement, “the DCaTS website will include this study”.
Question 37a: Include DCaTS website as a method of recruiting subjects. Include Appendix B with your submission (instructions for filling out Appendix B is located above)
3) After you have obtained IRB approval to use the DCaTS website for a study, contact Karen Collins at 313-993-8706 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your password.
4) You may now add your study.
** After you receive your password, you may register other studies that have IRB approval to use the DCaTS website without contacting Karen.Version 03.03.2011